1. Main camera is a Canon C100 Mark I, on the Wide DR color profile. I went back to Cuzco and shot on C-Log, but most of the film is shot using the Wide DR profile.
2. Still camera, Canon 5D Mark ii with a custom color profile to better match with Canon C100’s Wide DR profile.
3. SHAPE follow focus. I can’t recommend this enough. It does its function really well and it serves as a third stabilization point when I’m shooting from a monopod.
4. One Sennheiser EW-112p G3 set and a Sennheiser EW-100 ENG G3 combo. I use Manfrotto cases for pocket cameras to store them.
5. Rode NTG-4 shotgun with Rycote under and over covers.
6. Konova K5-60 slider.
7. Benro A373FBS8 tripod. The head’s not too good. We recently used a Manfrotto 504HD head on the Benro’s legs and I think I’ll be using that combination in the future.
8. D Rails C Series baseplate. You attach the SHAPE follow focus on this or a matte box if you have the time to be changing filters on the go.
9. Lenses. Canon 24-70mm 2.8 L series, Canon 16-35mm 2.8 L series, Samyang/Rokinon 35mm 1.5, Samyang/Rokinon 50mm 1.5, Samyang/Rokinon 85mm 1.5. I usually carry a 70-200mm, but this time I had to sacrifice a focal length as we needed to travel “light”.
10. Double A batteries. I usually carry 24 as a minimum, comfortably protected in two Storacell 12-pack caddies.
11. Two 2Tb thunderbolt rugged drives from LaCie
12. Sony MDR-7506 headphones.
13. Duct tape. It always will be needed, even to leave a “do not touch” message on the laptop while you are backing up.
14. Headlamp. Essential.
15. Multi headphone audio splitter. I always carry this for the occasion in which Gerry and I have to check an audio problem together. We’ve rarely used it, but I’ve left it in the bag.
16. Pelican SD and CF cases. I carry 24 SD cards for an 11-day trip so there are four backups of all the footage–two on the hard drives and two on the used cards. In the ultimate paranoia twist, Gerry and I take different flights back home, each carrying backups. He also lives in a different city.
17. Xiaomi power bank. This portable battery allows me to charge an iPhone up to 5 times, as well as other equipment such as a Kindle, a DJI remote controller, etc.
18. Stanley multipurpose tool. I lose them or get them confiscated often. I even got Gerry’s confiscated at the Cuzco airport and almost provoked an incident. Luckily, I produced a photo of a cat, blamed him and the authorities let me go.
19. Macbook Pro Retina, Mid 2014, 2,7GHz, 16Gb RAM, 500Gb. I usually travel with a Macbook Air because it’s light and does the download and backup job fairly well. I don’t remember why I took the Macbook Pro, but it’s likely that it was to edit something on the trip.
20. iPhone 6s with my Spanish number and a Xiaomi Mi 4 to use with a local SIM card. I use them both to shoot BTS pics and even film 4k video.
21. GoPros, we always carry them around with accessories and timers.
22. Manfrotto MVM500A monopod.
23. Joby Gorillapod tripods. I carry at least two of these on every trip. They are so so useful. I put LED lights on them and find all kinds of interesting places to light from, be it a branch, a door, a chair, you name it.